Southern Pines Inn
1235 Wright Brothers Ave.
Hours of Operation:
Families that are PCSing with pets please be advised that the Southern Pines Inn is rapidly approaching its peak occupancy season. Due to the limited number of pet-friendly units, it’s imperative that you plan ahead by looking at the option of kenneling your pets off base. The nonavailability of pet-friendly units does not preclude members from staying in base lodging. Nonavailability slips to offset commercial hotel expenses, due to nonavailability of pet-friendly units, are not authorized.
Welcome to the Southern Pines Inn at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, home of the 4th Fighter Wing. Our hotel is conveniently located just inside the main gate of the base. All of our rooms come standard with a coffee maker, ironing board, refrigerator, microwave and alarm clocks. Guests may also enjoy high speed internet access in all rooms. In the lobby, please join us for complimentary coffee, hot chocolate, and a computer with high speed internet access. Forget something? Stop by our front desk where we have a variety of items for sale. Our hotel also offers a meeting room, free laundry facilities, 24-hour wake up service, fax service, and copier.
- All facilities are non-smoking
- Check in time is after 2 p.m.
- Check out time is 11 a.m.
- Oversized vehicles such as U-Hauls, trailers and RVs are not permitted in our parking lot. The front desk will assist you on authorized parking areas.
- Pet policy: See Quick Links
- Reservation policy: Reservations are taken 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all guests on official duty to Seymour Johnson.
- Space A policy: Reservations for Space A rooms are taken in accordance with the Air Force Space “A” Policy. During periods of high occupancy, Space A reservations can be made only three days in advance.
Services & Amenities
For your convenience and comfort we offer the following:
- Free local calls
- 24-hour fax service
- 24-hour copy service
- 24-hour wake up and message service
- 24-hour sundry sales
- Free coffee, cappuccino, hot chocolate and tea
- Meeting Room
- Business Center
- Free laundry facilities
- Baggage storage
- Elevators in some facilities
- Handicap rooms available
- High speed internet access in all rooms
- Cribs, highchairs, pack-n-plays in some rooms
- Pet-friendly rooms available
Lodging provides guests with a few complimentary items to get them through their first night’s stay (soap, lotion, shampoo, etc.). A limited amenity inventory will be maintained and available at the customer’s request.
If you forget to pack any other toiletry item, the front desk is open 24 hours per day with items available for purchase. Please feel free to ask any lodging team member for assistance during your stay.
O-6 and above: The Wing Protocol office handles reservations for all O-6s and above requesting DVQs. You may contact them at DSN 722-0013/0014 or Commercial – 919-722-0013; between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday – Friday. They are closed on all Wing down days, holidays and weekends. You may leave a message on the answering machine for the Protocol Office to contact you the next duty day or call the Southern Pines Inn for assistance.
E-9: The Command Chief’s office handles all reservations for E-9s requesting DVQs. You may contact them at DSN 722-0018 or Commercial – 919-722-0018; between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday – Friday. They are closed on all Wing down days, holidays and weekends. For after hours assistance, please call the Southern Pines Inn for assistance.
All of our rooms come standard with a coffee maker, ironing board, refrigerator, microwave and alarm clocks, hair dryers, TVs and DVD players.
VOQ: Visiting Officers Quarters: All VOQ rooms come standard with a queen size bed and private bathroom. Rate is $70 per night.
VAQ: Visiting Airmen’s Quarters: All VAQ rooms come standard with a queen size bed and shared bathroom. Rate is $55 per night.
TLF: Temporary Living Facilities: All TLF units come standard with a private bathroom and full kitchen with pots, pans and cooking facilities. There are three different room layouts to accommodate couples to families, up to seven people. A few of our units also contain stackable washers/dryers and dishwashers. Rate is $77 per night.
- Our studio layout offers a bedroom and kitchen area as one room.
- Our one bedroom units have a separate living room/kitchen and bedroom area. There is a sleeper sofa in the living room.
- Our two bedroom units sleep six people. The master bedroom has a queen size bed. The second bedroom has two twin sized beds, and there is a sleeper sofa in the living room.
Pet TLF: Pet-friendly Temporary Living Facility quarters come standard with a private bathroom and full kitchen with pots, pans and cooking facilities. Please see Pet Policy Information link. Rate is $77 per night plus $10 per night pet fee.
DVQ: Distinguished Visitor Quarters: All DVQ suites have one bedroom with a rollaway bed, separate living room area and small kitchenette. All suites are stocked with sundry items available for purchase. Our general’s suite contains 1 bedroom, two bathrooms, eat-in kitchen, and living room with wet bar.
- Distinguished VOQ: $79 per night
- Large DVO: $83 per night
- Distinguished VAQ: $79 per night