Bldg 3650, Pope Street
(Customer parking lot accessible from Cannon Avenue)
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
Breakfast 6 to 8:30 a.m.
Lunch 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Dinner 4 to 7 p.m.
Weekends/Holidays & Down Days
Brunch 6 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Supper 4 to 5:30 p.m.
Saturday Night-Sunday Morning
Midnight 12 to 3 a.m.
Pricing is a la carte.
CASH only; NO credit cards/checks accepted
ATM available in the entryway
We offer a variety of ethnic meals on a rotating basis every Wednesday during the lunch meal. See menu for details.
To make holidays more enjoyable for our patrons, we offer specialty meals for the following holidays:
New Year’s Day
Martin Luther King Day
The Southern Eagle Dining Facility is centrally located in the dorm area and offers meal availability seven days a week. We serve dorm residents, members on TDY orders, retirees and their spouses. It is our duty and privilege to maintain the Air Force Fit to Fight program by offering Go for Green options to provide wholesome and nutritious meals for Airmen.
The Southern Eagle offers spacious dining accommodations in a relaxed environment with two dining rooms:
- The Capes, a sports bar themed dining room, features two 42-inch televisions strategically placed to provide customers with up-to-date information in a vibrant atmosphere with team memorabilia and trendy seating.
- The Highlands, offers a corporate-like setting for leadership and private organization meetings. We have proudly hosted numerous DVs in the past, including Vice President Joe Biden, Senator Kay Hagan, General Fraser and Major General Hoog, the 9th Air Force Commander. Their visits were monumental to the men and women of Seymour Johnson.
For Highland reservations, please contact the facility manager at 919-722-5294.
All personnel utilizing the Dining Facility will adhere to the following dress code:
1. Military Uniforms: All military uniforms will be worn in accordance with Air Force Instruction 36-2903, Dress and Personal Appearance of Air Force Personnel.
2. Civilian Attire:
- All civilian attire must be clean and in good taste. All wording and drawings must not contain anything lewd, obscene, and profane or that could be construed as offensive.
- Shirts that do not completely cover the underarms or belly button (muscle shirts, tank tops, halter tops etc.) are not allowed.
- All personnel shall wear proper footwear at all times. No bare feet, shower shoes, open toed flip flops, open toe sandals or slippers are allowed at any time.
- PT gear or clothing with excessive sweat will not be worn.
- Pajama clothing and swim wear are unauthorized attire.
- Undergarments will not be visible.
- All hats must be removed before entry. Exceptions are Dining Facility and Flight Kitchen employees and Security Forces personnel bearing arms in uniform.
3. Customers will be denied service if not in compliance with this policy. Service will resume once the customer complies with standards. The managers reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. For questions regarding this policy, contact the Dining Facility manager at (919) 722-5294 or the Expanded Flight Kitchen manager at 919-722-4085.